Laura's Blog

Monday, September 25, 2006

Garlic Festival

So, The annual Garlic Festival in Saugerties is quite a sight to see. The crowds were bigger than any amusement park I've ever been to! Jason and I went unsure of what to expect but it was AWESOME. And garlic scapes are my favorite.
I ate:
* garlic ice cream
* chocolate covered garlic
* garlic scapes
* garlic olives
* garlic pickles

I did not barf. But I did have to brush my teeth for 10 minutes straight.

So here is the photodocumentation:



Screw being Tulip Queen, I'll be Garlic Queen! Jason got his picture taken too but I'll save him the embarassment of posting it.



This is a mystery... no beans here... what does it mean... and it's a lying sign because I was there.



There was lots of cute stuff at the garlic festival. We found a stand of wooden toys that you could paint yourself. They were supposed to be for 8 year olds but I wanted to paint the dinosaur. Here is Jason with the unpainted dinosaur... he looks kind of upset, but he is not. Pictures of the painted dinosaur to follow shortly.



So then we went back to the BGF and ate more garlic pickles and pumpkin butter (and also cosmos and flan). And painted our dinosaur! Here Miguel and I are chillin'.



An action shot of me eating pickles.

1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

You make such a cute garlic queen!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home